Four-Year College Scholarship for High School Seniors
$9,000 Need-Based Scholarship, awarded $2,250 annually and $5,000 Merit-Based Scholarship, awarded $1,250 annually
One-Year College Scholarship for Current College Students or Trade School Applicants
$2,250 Need-Based Scholarship and $1,250 Merit-Based Scholarship
Chairman's Scholarship for Career Candidates Entering Their Junior Year of College
$5,500, awarded $2,750 annually for two years
This scholarship is available to students entering their junior year of college, actively pursuing a bachelor’s degree in an academic field related to promotional products and expressing an intent to enter the promotional products industry after graduation. The scholarship is renewable for the senior year of college, provided that the student meets the minimum GPA requirement and current employment in the promotional products industry is maintained by the student or parent. The scholarship will be awarded on the basis of GPA, essay, resume, letter of recommendation and optional financial need. Application deadline is March 15.
Friends of PPMN Scholarship for Industry Employees
This scholarship will be awarded to a full-time industry employee for undergraduate or graduate level coursework at an accredited college or university. Application deadline is March 15.
PPEF is an educational, charitable, nonprofit organization that awards college scholarships to students who have a parent working in the promotional products industry or who are working for a company in the industry. Since 1989, PPEF has awarded $3,026,500 in college scholarships to 1,618 students.
In 2022, $299,000 was awarded in college scholarships. 32 recipients received renewal payments on scholarships awarded in previous years. 130 new scholarships were awarded: 10 Four-Year College Scholarships, 2 Chairman's Scholarships, 117 One-Year College Scholarships, including the Named Scholarships listed below, and 1 Friends of PPMN Scholarship.
PPEF is proud to award the following Named Scholarships: Vincent J. Arena Scholarship, Stanley L. Breckenridge Scholarship, four Almand "Bo" Carroll Leadership Awards, Robert D. Davis Scholarship, Ted E. Dennison, MAS Scholarship, Jayne Emoff Miller Scholarship, Fran Ford Scholarship, Joseph Greenberg, CAS-First Impressions, Inc. of Houston Scholarship, Lorraine Hempen Scholarship, Glen Holt Scholarship, Helen and Al Mackler and Joseph Alexander Scholarship, George C. Matteson, Jr. Scholarship, Janelle Nevins Scholarship, NWPMA Success Scholarship, H. Ted Olson Scholarship, Lyndon "Lindy" Pearson Scholarship, PMANC Campbell M. Brown Memorial Scholarship, PPAChicago Scholarship, PPAMidwest Scholarship, PPAS Scholarship, Reciprocity Road Roadie Scholarship, Sam Rosenblum Scholarship, Bill Schmidt, Sr. Scholarship, David Lawrence Sharp Scholarship, Paul E. Smith Scholarship, The UMAPP Collegiate Scholarship, William F. "Bill" Vernon Scholarship, David Woods Family Scholarship and Roni S. Wright Scholarship. These scholarships are awarded to outstanding students who meet all requirements for the One-Year Scholarships. Please complete the application for the Four-Year Scholarships (high school seniors) or One-Year Scholarships (current college students) to be considered for the Named Scholarships.
PPEF's scholarship awards are determined through a competitive application process with the recipients being announced in early June each year.
General requirements for all college scholarships:
- Scholarships are available to full-time promotional products industry employees or their dependent children.
- Scholarships are available for undergraduate education only except for the Friends of PPMN Scholarship which may be used for undergraduate or graduate level coursework (industry employees only).
- Students must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 to apply.
- Applicants may apply for more than one scholarship if all requirements are met. Special note: The Four-Year College Scholarships will be awarded first. Applicants not receiving a Four-Year College Scholarship will be automatically considered for the One-Year College Scholarships and Named Scholarships so a separate application is not required.
- To be considered for the need-based scholarships, PPEF must receive a copy of the Student Aid Report that a student receives after filing the FAFSA.
- Application deadline is March 15 at Midnight Central Time.
Please review the application forms for more specific guidelines and requirements.
The applications for the 2023-2024 school year are open.